Baked Murphy Chips - Cha's Kitchen Blog
BANNER 728X90

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Baked Murphy Chips

When I am on a diet, (who am I kidding, I'm ever on a diet) my weight loss invention starts to falter when I larn a craving for something crunchy in addition to salty. I'm non talking nearly raw fruits in addition to veggie type of crunchy, I'm talking nearly murphy flake crunchy. If I ignore this craving, it but gets stronger; does that audio familiar to anyone?

I did about online searching for a remedy to my craving that wouldn't accept a billion calories. I flora iii different recipes for baked murphy chips that sounded promising.

After trying all three (and immediately tossing all iii into the garbage), I decided to brand upward my ain version. I must tell I'm quite pleased amongst it. 

Not exclusively does this petty recipe completely satisfy my "crunchy flake craving" but the ENTIRE RECIPE only has i tablespoon of olive oil!!

Wash in addition to dry out half dozen golf game ball size Yukon gilt potatoes. Slice them every bit sparse every bit possible. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 mandolin would run good for this, but I but used my sharpest knife in addition to sliced them; but attempt to brand them all an fifty-fifty thickness.


Toss the sliced potatoes amongst 1 tablespoon of olive oil, making certain that a petty of the petroleum gets inward betwixt every slice. Lay the slices out on a heavy cookie canvas that has been lightly sprayed amongst vegetable spray, in addition to thus sprinkle the potatoes lightly amongst kosher salt.

Baking fourth dimension is important. One of the recipes I tried (and threw away) called for two hours at 200°F. That produced a dull, leathery spell of potato. I even let it create an extra HOUR in addition to it was notwithstanding leathery...yuck.  Another recipe called for eighteen minutes at 400°F which produced a crisp but burnt taste...yuck again.

So I decided to attempt Yukon gilt potatoes. How long you lot bake them volition depend on how thick you lot sliced your potatoes in addition to how hot your oven runs. I baked mine inward a 375°F electrical oven for 22 minutes, flipping them over one-half means through the baking time....just right.


These chips are meant to be eaten correct away because they are non meant to hold out stored similar a commercial murphy chip. There are small-scale "non-crunch" parts on the chips that would non shop well.

I promise you lot volition attempt these. They accept a WONDERFUL flavour in addition to a fantastic, salty crunch!!!

NOTE:  Watch the chips closely the final brace of minutes because i time they outset to plough golden, they darken quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment