Pineapple Sauce For Ham - Cha's Kitchen Blog
BANNER 728X90

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pineapple Sauce For Ham

We dearest cranberry sauce amongst poultry, thence I wanted to discovery a like (but sweeter)recipe to serve amongst our Easter ham. Traditionally, I brand mashed potatoes as well as gravy, but this twelvemonth I am opting for potatoes au gratin, thence I wanted a picayune something extra to serve amongst the ham (this is NOT a ham glaze, it is a condiment).

This recipe definitely was the BEST sauce I tried as well as it is thence quick as well as slowly (made amongst pantry staples) that I am sure enough I volition locomote making it throughout the year. It is sweetness but non overly sweetness as well as has the consistency of a soft jam.

1/4 loving cup of water
1 1/2 cups chocolate-brown sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons ketchup
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons DRY mustard powder
8 ounce tin crushed pineapple amongst juice

Mix good as well as convey to a boil; plow oestrus downward to a simmer as well as gear upwards gently for 20 minutes (start timer AFTER it comes to a simmer). This sauce volition thicken a picayune to a greater extent than every bit it cools.

If you lot don't have 20 minutes for this to cook, only simmer gently for 10 minutes as well as thence thicken amongst a picayune cornstarch as well as H2O slurry. You volition become the same consistency but I intend it tastes meliorate if you lot produce the xx infinitesimal simmer.

Serve at room temperature (or chilled), amongst baked ham.

No comments:

Post a Comment