Handy Kitchen Tips - Cha's Kitchen Blog
BANNER 728X90

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Handy Kitchen Tips

I dearest handy kitchen tips, don't you?  I don't know how many times I've had 1 of those Homer Simpson "D'oh!!" moments when I meet something that I never idea of...yet seems thence obvious...like this tip:

Did yous know that the plastic lid from a Parmesan container volition likewise jibe a regular mouth bricklayer jar?  How handy is that !?!??


This side past times side tip is super handy for gift wrapping season, never accept to "find" the terminate of the tape....D'ho!!


Did yous know that cranberry sauce freezes well? We are empty nesters together with I loathe opening a tin of cranberry sauce, (or worse yet...make it) together with and thence non live able to operate it all.  I flora that if yous set it inward a bricklayer jounce (with enough of caput room) it freezes well. It never freezes solid, thence yous tin scoop out what yous quest (completely frozen it is even thence the consistency of H2O ice cream) together with and thence set the balance of the jounce dorsum inward the freezer.  15-20 minutes at room temp or an lx minutes inward the fridge together with it is simply equally practiced equally fresh cranberry sauce!! We operate a lot to a greater extent than these days (for baked chicken) because its ever inward the freezer!!

Remember Tang?  I buy it inward gallon cans from Costco together with 1 time a calendar month or so, I set ii cups of it inward my dishwasher together with run a super hot wheel through. The dishwasher gets sparkling build clean together with smells fantastic!!

I purchase solid soil beef inward mass packages, together with thence split together with freeze it.  I flora that if yous wind the solid soil beef (tightly) amongst plastic wind BEFORE yous set it into a Ziploc bag, there will be ZERO freezer give notice or H2O ice crystals. Also, since there is simply the ii of us, I split the burger into a broad gain of sizes...some equally footling equally 1/4 pound; I together with thence set all of the mini-packages into 1 big Ziploc handbag together with freeze...it industrial plant nifty together with a lot less waste.

Do yous quest room temperature cream cheese inward a hurry?  Take an 8 ounce block out of the wrapper together with microwave it, on high, for xiii seconds. Do yous quest room temperature butter inward a hurry?  Grate the butter onto a slice of waxed newspaper together with allow it sit down for a few minutes.


This footling fridge magnet, inward the sort of a Pyrex standard loving cup has been on my fridge for at to the lowest degree twenty years together with I cite to it all of the time.  I've had it thence long that I can't fifty-fifty call back where it came from, I simply know that it has been ultra handy together with has answered many cooking questions for me over the years. If yous ever meet one, or respect a similar one...grab it, yous volition non live sorry.



No comments:

Post a Comment