Avocado Egg Salad - Cha's Kitchen Blog
BANNER 728X90

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Avocado Egg Salad

This quick as well as HEALTHY alter to mayo-laden egg salad was a huge success; we didn't immature adult woman the mayo at all!! It was low-cal as well as delicious as well as packed alongside flavor. I tin run into countless possibilities alongside this picayune recipe (I'm already planning to add together a few greenish onions? hot sauce?).

Personally, I enjoyed this salad simply wrapped inwards a large foliage of lettuce, but Picky-Picky married adult man went for the traditional sandwich.
4 difficult boiled eggs, peeled as well as chopped
1 large ripe avocado
2 stalks celery chopped finely
1/3 loving cup diced Lycopersicon esculentum flesh (see note)
2 tablespoons prepared yellowish mustard (see note)
salt to gustation (I simply added a pinch)
pepper to gustation (see note)

NOTE: NO MAYONNAISE!!

Cut the avocado inwards half, take away the pit as well as squeeze the flesh (I mashed nearly 3/4 of the flesh into a smoothen glue as well as left 1/4 of the flesh inwards picayune chunks.

Stir the prepared yellowish mustard, common salt as well as pepper into the mashed avocado,  mix well.

Add the chopped eggs, celery as well as Lycopersicon esculentum as well as stir gently until good mixed.  That's it!!


NOTE: I wasn't certain how to explicate "tomato flesh"; it simply agency piece of occupation out out the juicy-seedy usage of the tomato.

NOTE: Two tablespoons of yellowish mustard is going to appear similar a lot, but the lastly production does NOT gustation overly mustardy, trust me. I simply used plainly onetime yellowish hot domestic dog mustard.

NOTE: I gear upwards alongside coarsely dry reason dark pepper, thence I used a scant
half teaspoon. If yous usage finely dry reason pepper (it measures differently) usage less.

NOTE: I set this salad inwards the refrigerator for several hours without whatever avocado darkening problems because I set plastic twine correct on the surface of the salad as well as pressed downwards a picayune to forcefulness out all of the air. I'm non certain if it would plough dark overnight because it never lasts that long at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment