Mushroom Quinoa - Cha's Kitchen Blog
BANNER 728X90

Monday, January 1, 2018

Mushroom Quinoa

The get-go fourth dimension I bought quinoa, I cooked it without whatsoever seasonings. I tasted it, shrugged my shoulders in addition to and hence pose it dorsum inward the pantry. This COULDN'T hold upward the same quinoa that people were raving nigh could it?

What I institute out (much later) was that yous get got to add veggies, spices, etc. to the quinoa (while cooking) and then something magical happens. Quinoa takes on the attitude of whatever yous develop it with......want beefy? develop it inward beef broth, desire it spicy? develop it amongst Rotel tomatoes. Some people fifty-fifty eat it for breakfast, but I haven't tried that yet.

So, lately, I've been experimenting with adding unlike things to quinoa in addition to this beefy quinoa was a hit. I promise yous similar it too.


 
 


MUSHROOM QUINOA
3/4 loving cup chopped onion
6 large mushrooms
1 large carrot
1 loving cup peas
1 loving cup quinoa (rinsed in addition to drained)
2 cups beef broth (I used Campbell's beef consume)
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dark pepper
pinch of cayenne (optional)

Prep work: Remove stems from mushrooms in addition to pose them inward the nutrient processor along amongst the carrot. Pulse them until both vegetables are nigh the size of a pea. Next paw piece the mushrooms fairly thickly in addition to laid aside. Note: add together every bit many of your favorite veggies every bit yous want.

Saute onions in addition to hence scoot them over to border of pan. Add the mushrooms in addition to sauté them (in the onion pan) until yous move past times about toasty brownish color on the edges.

Put EVERYTHING into a large sauce pot and convey to a boil; trim down heat and put a tight plumbing equipment lid on it. Reduce boil to a gentle simmer (like for rice) in addition to develop for 15-20 minutes. You volition know that the quinoa is cooked completely when yous meet that it has swollen to a semi transparent trivial circle in addition to it has a small-scale white seed shoot on it similar this:

 
After the quinoa is cooked, I similar to plough the rut off in addition to allow it sit down (with lid on) for 10 minutes earlier eating. 

Depending on how many veggies yous pack into this recipe (there is no limit), yous should move past times five or half dozen cups inward the concluding dish. I freeze it inward ane loving cup measures. No necessitate to defrost, but microwave uncovered for two minutes. It makes a corking (and filling) lunch, amongst no guilt !!

 
ENJOY !!
 
Quinoa is known every bit a super nutrient for many reasons. The description of most of those reasons are words that I don't purpose every day, similar flavonoids, phylonutrients, antioxidants, etc.
 
For me, my reasons for enjoying quinoa are: it's quick in addition to slow to prepare, it volition get got on whatsoever seasonings yous similar in addition to most of all, I tin eat a large bowl of this in addition to it doesn't lawsuit my blood sugars rattling much at all, summation it's gluten free!! I promise yous endeavor it.

No comments:

Post a Comment