Bisquick Clone Recipe - Cha's Kitchen Blog
BANNER 728X90

Friday, February 2, 2018

Bisquick Clone Recipe

I constitute a recipe, recently, that I actually wanted to try, however, it called for 1 loving cup of commercial Bisquick, an special I don't commonly stock inward my pantry.  I wasn't likewise keen on buying a whole box of Bisquick (when I alone needed a loving cup of it) therefore I went Internet surfing for a Bisquick clone recipe.

I constitute several but they all called for shortening (not precisely what I was looking for). Then I constitute the next recipe, which uses Canola petroleum (on http://www.food.com/ )  I used it to brand biscuits for dinner this evening together with nosotros were VERY pleased amongst the light, flaky results. They were real similar to commercial Bisquick biscuits (picky-picky hubby said the were much ameliorate than Bisquick) together with you lot tin NOT crunch the convenience!! I holler back to guide house a canister of this mix inward my pantry from forthwith on.

This recipe tin easily move doubled or tripled together with I dearest that the ingredients are e'er on hand.

BISQUICK CLONE MIX

4½ cups all role flour
iv tablespoons baking powder
two tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons Canola oil

Whisk everything together (I used my stand upwards mixer amongst the whisk attachment) but a manus whisk would operate only every bit well, it volition hold back similar this.

Store this mixture inward a container amongst a tight plumbing equipment lid (at room temperature) for upwards to half dozen weeks. Use it precisely similar you lot would for ANY recipe that calls for Bisquick (biscuits, muffins, pancakes, pot pie crusts, etc.). It non alone saves a lot of money, but it tastes neat too!!
BISCUITS (makes 6)

2¼ cups Bisquick Clone Mix
2/3 loving cup milk

Mix amongst a spoon until it comes together, together with then plough out onto your counter that has been dusted amongst a petty to a greater extent than of the dry out mix (don't utilisation flour). Knead lightly 10 times, together with then pat to 1/2" thick. Cut amongst 2½" biscuit cutter. Place on greased cookie sail (I utilisation parchment) together with brush amongst melted butter. The melted butter is optional, but nosotros similar them that way.

Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes (my electrical oven took 12 minutes).
I constitute a neat Bisquick recipe site that has lots of interesting recipes: CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment