Mamidikaya Pulihora( Raw Mango Rice) - Cha's Kitchen Blog
BANNER 728X90

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mamidikaya Pulihora( Raw Mango Rice)

Summer without mangoes I can't imagine!Especially I love to eat Banginpalli mangoes.I enjoyed eating different types of  mangoes in my  childhood during visit to my grandparents home.Recently I saw many good variety mangoes in Indian grocery..Purchased few raw mangoes this time as I planned to pickle few mangoes.After Iam done with mango pickle I left with one raw mango ,thought  doing mango rice.First I tasted this in my sister's home.It was so good.I enjoyed lot.Posting this recipe in BM#65 under the theme rice dishes.




Ingredients:


  • 2 cups rice cooked
  • mango grated 1 cup
  • asofoetida a pinch
  • ginger little grated
  • green chillies 2
  • red chillies 2
  • peanuts 2 tbspns
  • turmeric 1/4 tspn
  • chana dal1 tbspn
  • fenugreek seeds 1/4 tspn
  • mustard seeds 1 tspn
  •  urad dal 2 tspns
  • curry leaves few
  • oil 2tbspns(You may add 1 tbspn oil+1 tbspn ghee)
  • salt to taste 


procedure


  • Heat oil in a pan,when it is hot add mustard seeds along with redchillis ,curry leaves.Now add urad dal chana dal along with methi seeds
  • Now add peanuts or (cashew nuts) fry few mins until they well roasted.
  • Add turmeric, and salt.Then add grated mango,give a stir.
  • Cook mango just for 2 mins until they just soft enough.
  • Now add cooked rice,mix gently till everything well combined.
  • Yummy mango rice is ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment